the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure™.

Gilbert Taylor

May 10, 2013, 8:55:17 AM5/10/13
to montford-...@googlegroups.com

Family and Friends,

Race time is tommorow 11 May but you still have time to donate.

Teams from every part of the Washington, D.C. area and around the world will gather in Washington, D.C. on May 11 for the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure™.

I've joined VA-1 Women Marine in honor and support of my mother Claudell who until recently was in remission for several years.

Our team is fundraising because the Washington, D.C. Metro Area still has one of the highest breast cancer mortality rates in the nation. We know you share our belief that where you live should not determine whether you live.

With your donation, we hope to raise at least $2500.00 to get us closer to the cures for breast cancer and to provide life-saving breast health services for women here in the Metro Area.

I'm asking for your help to get us to our goal. You can give online, safely and securely, at http://GlobalRacefortheCure.org  > Donate > Find a Participant/Team. Search for Carmen Cole to donate to me and my team VA-1 Women Marines.   I'm over 50% to my goal of $300.00.

Up to 75 percent of funds from the Komen Global Race for the Cure support local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs throughout the National Capital Area, including Washington, D.C., and parts of Virginia and Maryland. The remaining funds support Susan G. Komen for the Cure®'s work around the globe, sharing knowledge and experience and to fund education and breast health services in regions where few exist.

Thank you for supporting me and my team in our efforts to make an impact.

Sincerely,
Carmen E. Cole

P.S. Don't forget to ask your employer if they provide matching gifts for your donation.