MPMA Elections

Gilbert Taylor

May 6, 2013, 10:52:52 PM5/6/13
to montford-...@googlegroups.com

OUR # 1 PRIORITY

The Montford Point Marine Monument

“Working Together Works”

Members,

National Vice President, James H. Carr and I remain committed to our duties and responsibilities as leaders of this prestigious organization.  We will continue to aggressively and boldly pave the way for bringing national prominence to our organization. With this declaration, we formally announce our intent to seek re-election to the offices of National President and National Vice President of the Montford Point Marine Association, Inc., at the 48th National Convention in San Diego, California.

It’s been a progressive term with a myriad of challenges.  We’ve overcome these obstacles through hard work, perseverance, and dedication with the help of each of you who has embraced the vision and strategic plan which I initially presented to our organization. The Vision, Intent, and Goals were very deliberate.   Each task has been completed by our team through synchronized orchestration involving prioritization and effective task management.

It has truly been an honor and a privilege to lead this magnificent association and work with true professionals who serve a common cause. During our tenure and with the assistance of many of our colleagues and members of this association, we have accomplished every notable project presented in the initial Presidential Planning Guide and Intent established in 2009/10. In continuing this journey to national prominence, we will continue to focus our efforts on the Administrative and Operational initiatives of restructuring our organization to be more efficient and operate as a business. Our work speaks for itself. Below are a few initiatives that we have accomplished since we’ve held our current positions.

Ø  Orchestrated the selection for a viable monument concept/designed to properly represent the MPM.

Ø  PAYPAL Established: August 2010

Ø  Signed the National By-Laws 28 September 2010(Inadequate to support the current 21th century mission of a non-profit organization)

Ø  Attained 501 (C)3 Status

Ø  Officially Copyrighted the Trademark and LOGO for MPMA

Ø  Set an aggressive agenda for the association: Nationally/Local Chapter to create operational functionality.

Ø  Collected oral historical data (Continuous)

Ø  Montford Point Marine history is being taught at entry level boot camp at MCRD Parris Island, MCRD San Diego, Officers Candidate School (OCS) Quantico, VA., and The Basic School (TBS).

Ø  Revitalized existing chapters, and implemented new chapters  (NC Triad/Triangle, Augusta, Iwakuni, Japan, Charlotte, NC, and currently planning:   Columbus, Ga, and Culver City, California.

Ø  Partnered with other veterans groups such as the Buffalo Soldiers, Tuskegee Airmen, Marine Corps League, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Purple Heart, and National Naval Officers Association. On 14 June 2012, the Marine Corps Association & Foundation (MCA&F) helped to lobby for sponsorship and presented a check for $24,722 for the purchase of the Congressional Gold Medal, Bronze Replica. The Veterans of Foreign War (VFW) presented the Commander-In-Chief Gold Medal of Merit Award to the Montford Point Marines, Association on 23 July 2012.

Ø  Initiated the Professional Military Education (PME) Seminar:

Ø  Congressional Gold Medal Awarding: Completed 27 June 2012

Ø  Initiated the MPMA Speakers Bureau in January 2013.

Ø  USNS Montford Point MLP-1 Christening Ceremony held 2 March 2013

Ø  Three successful National Conventions with prominent Guest Speakers to highlight the association.

Ø  Actively engaged the national media to bring attention to the association: CNN, NPR, CBS, NBS, et al.

Ø  Implemented the Veterans History Project to attain interviews from our heroes at National Conventions.

In our bid for re-election, we salute and thank each of you for making the past four years a rewarding opportunity of successful and productive achievements both personally and professionally. We believe in the vision of our forefathers, which started 48 years ago. We remain committed to our cause of “Preserving their Legacy”.  Exercise your right for what so many have given their lives for and place your vote for us. Together we will continue our journey in the completion of our number one Priority, the Montford Point Marine Memorial.

James T Averhart Jr.

James T. Averhart, Jr.

James H. Carr

James H. Carr