48th National Convention Registration Package

Gilbert Taylor

Jun 2, 2013, 9:05:05 PM6/2/13
to montford-...@googlegroups.com

Members, Friends, and Supporters:

The Montford Point Marine Association will gather in San Diego, California from 21-25 August, 2013 for the 48th National Convention. Please register for the National Convention and also make your reservation for lodging as soon as possible to ensure your room is secured at the Montford Point Group rate. This gathering will be one of the largest conventions in the History of MPMA. This convention series has begun to garner National Media attention and the interest from Hollywood executives and supporters. I assure you that our heroes will be honored in a very special way, commencing with the Presidential Reception and concluding with the Awards Banquet featuring the induction of the 2013 MPMA, Hall of Fame Recipients.

You will not be disappointed.

This year convention will serve as a reminder of the sacrifices, and to honor the 20,000 African American Marines who trained on the hallowed grounds of Camp Montford Point and on to fight for the Right to Fight”.

If you need a reminder of why we are consumed with honoring our heroes, please take a moment to view the step-by-step tour of the elements incorporated into the proposed Memorial design. This is a 3- D Walk through of our number one priority, the Montford Point National Monument and Memorial. This monument will forever serve as a fitting symbol honoring the legacy of the first African American Marines and the effect of Executive Order #8802 which allowed Blacks to be recruited into the United States Marine Corps. Please view the Memorial Project by clicking on video walk through tab:  http://www.mpmamemorial.com

The attached documents are provided for your information and immediate dissemination concerning the Montford Point Marine Association, Inc., 48th National Convention.

I look forward to seeing each of you in August, 2013.

Respectfully,

Dr. James T. Averhart, Jr.
National President
Montford Point Marine Association, Inc. (MPMA, Inc.)

MPMA 48th National Convention Registration Package _2013.pdf