Meeting later this week!

1 view

prairie dog group

Mar 8, 2010, 1:31:07 PM3/8/10
to Montana Prairie Dog Working Group
Hello all.....quick reminder of the prairie dog working group meeting
scheduled for this coming Friday. The meeting begins at 12:00 pm
Friday and runs through 1:00 pm Saturday.

We have added an hour long discussion of the 2008 statewide survey for
4:00 Friday and made accommodating changes to the agenda elsewhere.

Please remember that I am hoping to make this a true 'working'
meeting. Please bring supporting and reference materials, as well as
laptops for drafting the following.....

-Draft language for data sharing MOUs.
-Draft language for Conservation Easements.
-Draft plan for landowner incentives program in Montana. Do we need
to revise the 2005 document?
-Draft guidelines to FSA regarding prairie dogs versus cover.
-Draft guidelines to FSA regarding ferret survey requirements.
-Draft notice to FSA staff on options for maintaining prairie dogs.
-Draft plan to engage shooting sports community.
-Draft plan to maintain list of potential release sites and potential
donor sites in Regional FWP offices.

We will add and delete from this list as necessary.

And don't forget, if you are involved with black footed-ferret
conservation or management the bff working group is meeting from 10:00
Thursday through 11:30 Friday.

Hope to see you at the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center later this
week. Lauri Hanauska-Brown