Meeting Next Week! March 21, 2013 Billings

LHanaus...@mt.gov

Mar 14, 2013, 4:27:04 PM3/14/13
to montana-prairie-...@googlegroups.com
Hope this message finds everyone well.  This is a reminder and a final invitation to join the prairie dog and ferret discussion next Thursday, March 21 in Billings.

Meeting place is the Best Western Plus Kelly Inn at 4915 Southgate Dr.   Directions to this location are below.  Lunch will be provided on site.

Meeting to begin at 9:30.  We'll go as long as we need or as long as people are willling.

Bryce and I will likely develop a formal agenda on the way over that morning, but the topics to be discusssed include the following:

A. USFWS Safe Harbor opportunities

B. Land Owner Incentive program opportunities

C. Oral Plague Vaccine field trials

D. Results of the 2012 prairie dog ground truthing

E. Colony monitoring today and tomorrow...where, how and who?

F. Re-visiting the Montana Prairie Dog plan

G. What should be our highest priorities for prairie dog and ferret conservation from here forward?  Where should we be investing time and money?

H. Should we form an outreach committee to work on plague and prairie dog control (e.g. Rozol use) issues?

Assuming Dave Pauley joins us we will also hear a report on a prairie dog hoarding case (you don't want to miss this!)

Hope to see you all next Thursday.  Lauri H-B

PS: If you haven't let me know you will be attending please drop me an email so I can plan for lunch.  thanks

To the Best Western....

From: The west.
Take Interstate 90 to Exit 447. Turn left at the stop light on South Billings Boulevard. Take a left at the light on King Avenue East. Take first left at Southgate Drive. Follow to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites on the right.

From: The east.
Take Interstate 90 to Exit 447. Turn right at the stop light on South Billings Boulevard. Take a left at the light on King Avenue East. Take first left at Southgate Drive. Follow to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites on the right.