Meeting next week

1 view

prairie dog group

May 5, 2011, 6:31:49 PM5/5/11
to Montana Prairie Dog Working Group, KPod...@mt.gov
Hello all....

Next week is our annual meeting of the Montana Prairie Dog Working
Group. Due to travel time requirements we are going to start at noon,
May 11. We will go until 6 pm that first day and start up again at 8,
May 12.

We are meeting at the BLM field office in Miles City: 111 Garryowen
Road.

More than anything I am hoping this meeting will be a free flowing
discussion of opinions and ideas on how we should monitor prairie dog
in Montana. Below is a very loose agenda with that in mind....

May 11
12:00 Lauri Hanauska-Brown: Update on the WAFWA discussions to
standardize surveys across the West

12:30 Ryan Rauscher: Review of the 2008 survey and update on findings
and publication

1:15 Bryce Maxell: Review of the NAIP imagery efforts and 2010
ground truthing

2:00 Facilitated discusion of the pros and cons of the different
methods.

4:00

We will begin our afternoon with brief presentations by Bryce Maxell
and Ryan Rauscher on the different methods of monitoring prairie dogs
at large scales.

Hanauska-Brown, Lauri

May 5, 2011, 6:34:23 PM5/5/11
to Hanauska-Brown, Lauri, Montana Prairie Dog Working Group, Podruzny, Kevin
Please disregard the message that was just sent (4:32 pm)....it was far from finished! I will send a completed message soon. My apologies!

Hello all....

4:00

To see archived postings and other options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/montana-prairie-dog-working-group?hl=en