meeting next week

1 view

prairie dog group

May 5, 2011, 6:51:29 PM5/5/11
to Montana Prairie Dog Working Group, KPod...@mt.gov
(Second attempt)
Hello all....

Next week is our annual meeting of the Montana Prairie Dog Working
Group. Due to travel time requirements we are going to start at noon,
May 11. We will go until 6 pm that first day and start up again at 8
am, May 12.

We are meeting at the BLM field office in Miles City: 111 Garryowen
Road.

More than anything I am hoping this meeting will be a free flowing
discussion of opinions and ideas on how we should monitor prairie dogs
in Montana. Below is a very loose agenda with that in mind....

May 11
12:00 Lauri Hanauska-Brown
Welcome
General updates
Update on the WAFWA discussions to standardize surveys across the West

1:00 Ryan Rauscher
Review of the 2008 survey, update on findings and publication of
findings

1:45 Bryce Maxell
Review of the NAIP imagery efforts and 2010 ground truthing

2:30 Break

2:45
Facilitated discussion of the pros and cons of the different methods
Resources required for each method

4:00
Agency comments on data and information needs met through monitoring
efforts

6:00
Wrap up and assignment for next day

May 12
8:00
New thoughts
Continued discussion of how we should monitor prairie dogs
Can the individuals in the room come to agreement and make a decision
to present to upper management?

12:00 Lunch Break

1:00
Continued discussion on monitoring as needed
Miscellaneous topics as presented
Review of tasks completed since 2010 meeting

Hope to see you all next week! Lauri H-B