Mono as a viable Cross Platform Game Platform?

jcannonb

Jan 16, 2012, 7:51:19 PM1/16/12
to MonoXNA
Hey all,

I have been working on an old school 2D RPG in Java, because it is so
cross platform, but, I am really hating Java as the project grows.

Is Mono at a point yet where one could write a tile based, old school
2D RPG suitable for any platforms that should run Mono yet?

OS X, Windows, Linux, iPhone, Android?

Lars Magnusson

Jan 17, 2012, 4:28:43 PM1/17/12
to mon...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I would say that Mono is more than adequate for creating a 2D RPG.
Unity 3D, a commercial game engine, has been written in Mono.

-lavima