[Meta] MonoXNA & MonoGame

Gurwinder Gulati

Mar 22, 2012, 11:47:33 AM3/22/12
to mon...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've recently become curious as to the nature of the relationship between MonoXNA and MonoGame. The projects seem to be attempting to do much the same thing. Is there any reason we haven't united our efforts?

Thank you,
Gurwinder Gulati

Lars Magnusson

Mar 23, 2012, 5:28:46 AM3/23/12
to mon...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I have been wondering about this myself, but I thought perhaps it had
something to do with MonoXNA being abandoned by most of the developers
some years ago. When I started contributing the project was basicly
dead.

My primary focus for MonoXNA has been to be able to build the game,
along with the game content in MD i.e. MD addin and the content
pipeline. My thought was that this would be useful for both projects
regardless of where I submitted my code.

I haven't been able to contribute much lately, but I have no
objections to uniting efforts.

-lavima