Is MonoReport Thread Safe?

Daryl Myrick

Dec 5, 2011, 6:31:38 PM12/5/11
to monoreport
Reading the documentation for MonoReport it states that it uses the
Microsoft.Excel and Microsoft.Office interop DLLs. These are stated
by Microsoft to not be thread safe.

So I would think that MonoReport is not thread safe and would not work
in an IIS web site where multiple concurrent users were using
MonoReport to generate an Excel output file.

If you have tested or used MonoReport in a multiple concurrent user
environment please let me know your findings...

Thanks

MonoReport Team

Dec 6, 2011, 4:02:20 AM12/6/11
to monoreport
MonoReport is thread safe and works fine in IIS environment.
Internally MonoReport use pool of report processors and different
instances of Microsoft Excel. Each process of Microsoft Excel serving
only one report processor at the same time. Pool size can be
configured in application configuration file.

Thank you,
MonoReport Team
Email: support.m...@fogsoft.ru
Web: http://MonoReport.com