Monoreport is working fine in development environment but does not generate report in production environment

MyGlobe

Sep 14, 2010, 4:42:09 AM9/14/10
to monoreport
Hi,

Using monoreport for the first time, I followed the instruction posted
in this group, added free license as an embedded resource and got it
working.. but I after i publish and host the application on production
server, nothing happens. Need your help on this.

Thanks in advance.

MonoReport Team

Sep 14, 2010, 5:13:13 AM9/14/10
to monoreport
May be you have some exceptions on production server during report
generation?
What is the environment of your server (versions of MS Office or Open
Office, operation system, IIS)?

Thank you,
MonoReport Team

MyGlobe

Sep 14, 2010, 5:49:37 AM9/14/10
to monoreport
It's a Windows XP SP2 server with IIS6 and MS Office 2007.
Is it necessary to have office installed on the server?

MonoReport Team

Sep 14, 2010, 6:12:17 AM9/14/10
to monoreport
Yes, it is required - Microsoft Excel should be installed on server.

MonoReport is generating reports using Microsoft Excel COM object. In
order to MonoReport can use Excel COM object to generate reports you
should verify that:

1. Microsoft Excel 2003 or later is installed on running server.

2. Office Primary Interop Assemblies (PIAs) are installed (they are
generally installed when Full installation type selected during Office
setup).

3. Your application have necessary permissions to use Excel COM
object. Generally this permissions should be granted to user running
your application, for web application this user is ASPNET or NETWORK
SERVICE depending of your operating system. You can find samples how
to grant Excel COM object permissions in Windows XP and Windows 2003
Server on this page http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/03/02/589.aspx

Thank you,
MonoReport Team

MyGlobe