New Monologue by New York Playwright Joe Brofcak

Kellie Powell

Apr 23, 2012, 1:31:04 PM4/23/12
to Monologue Group
Just added a new monologue from Joe Brofcak's new play, REPULSIVE:

AMELIA:

Oh my god, Jen, this guy - he is to die for! Tall, with dark hair.
Blue eyes, almost clear. I noticed him because his skin seemed to
shimmer. Yeah, I know, but it did. Swear to God.

It was at that club. The one in the village. Called Retinal Fetish.
Like, two in the morning. Yeah, I know, my parents thought I was over
at Rebecca's. My dad doesn't give a shit what I do anyways.

You wanna, like, hear the story, or not?

Okay, so, I noticed him as soon as I walked into the club. No problems
with the fake ID. He was sitting at the bar, alone, and I thought he
was just gorgeous. His pale skin, glowing under the blacklight is what
did it. He looked like a vampire. Yeah, I know, crazy, right? You
sound like my mom.

To read the rest, visit:
http://notmyshoes.net/monologues/amelia.html

Joe Brofcak is the author of INTERSTATE, TRANSFER, I CAN BUILD YOU,
and IN SICKNESS. Check out his other plays at:
http://www.notmyshoes.net/monologues