Does anybody in the house do video?

just john

Mar 15, 2012, 11:04:40 AM3/15/12
to le Monohedron del Goog
I ask for two reasons:

1) The Dr. Mayfield album has tracks that just scream for video.
Especially if you're a collector of Breaking Bad clips.

2) I'm still foolish enough to think I can learn the Blender interface
and make animations with that.

Norel Pref

Mar 15, 2012, 11:12:31 AM3/15/12
to mon...@googlegroups.com
Yah, I do video.  Interesting:  I was just marveling at the opening title sequence to the show "Luck" (with a haunting trip hop soundtrack by Massive Attack) and thought about doing title sequences to shows that don't exist, nor will they ever exist, but the opening sequence could at least maybe pique interest if well done.  Or medium rare.

just john

Mar 15, 2012, 11:23:25 AM3/15/12
to le Monohedron del Goog
We could mesh that with a notion of mine. I've wanted to do entry
music for pro wrestlers that don't exist. I have some tunes in my
head, and one probably won't come out properly unless/until I sing it
at somebody and they convert it to the right notation. (It's one of
those things that hearing a beat messes up my attempts to play.)

Anyway, the Big Budget wrestlers also have video as part of their
entrances.

Re Luck: Tough that it's being canceled due to bad luck with horses
dying. I was planning on following it the way I do with other premium
cable shows (The Wire, Dexter, Deadwood and now Boardwalk Empire,) by
buying the DVD boxed sets.

Norel Pref

Mar 15, 2012, 12:11:10 PM3/15/12
to mon...@googlegroups.com
Luck.  Is CGI not up to speed that they couldn't use that instead of actual horses?

just john

Mar 15, 2012, 12:25:16 PM3/15/12
to le Monohedron del Goog
Well, David Milch is known for his love of horses.

If I ever met him, I'd razz him for how unusually healthy for the time
that all the horses on "Deadwood" looked.

Rev. norelpref

Mar 15, 2012, 3:27:58 PM3/15/12
to mon...@googlegroups.com
"Grapplers in the Mist"?  The Full Nelsons?

Rev. norelpref

Mar 15, 2012, 3:37:23 PM3/15/12
to mon...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking of a show called "20th Century Typing" - kind of a "Mad Men" thing except told through the perspectives of the secretaries and clerical help; plenty of material on archive.org for this....

Norel Pref

Mar 15, 2012, 3:38:50 PM3/15/12
to mon...@googlegroups.com
I could even get some models here locally to pose for this...hmmm.....I'm liking....

just john

Mar 15, 2012, 7:30:17 PM3/15/12
to le Monohedron del Goog
Well, if you can round up enough vintage typewriters to borrow, I'm
sure there's a fetish somewhere for Gals Friday posing with old
Remingtons.