Problem with monocle on iOS using phonegap.

Alain

Sep 28, 2014, 4:57:37 AM9/28/14
to monoc...@googlegroups.com
i am having a problem with Monocle on iOS + Phonegap, the viewer is opening but it contains no data. I took the viewer and styles used in Dickens example and i populated Bookdata from my custom code. It is opening an Android devices but on iOS no.
Any hints about that matter?

Joseph Pearson

Sep 29, 2014, 2:34:34 PM9/29/14
to monoc...@googlegroups.com
If you're using the file:// protocol, you may want to use something else — my understanding is that Apple has introduced a stricter security policy for file:// in iOS8. That said, I've never used PhoneGap, so I have no expertise with it. If it's working as expected in Android, that would seem to point to some variance either in your implementation or the underlying platform.

— J

On 28 Sep 2014, at 4:57 am, Alain <ali...@hotmail.com> wrote:

i am having a problem with Monocle on iOS + Phonegap, the viewer is opening but it contains no data. I took the viewer and styles used in Dickens example and i populated Bookdata from my custom code. It is opening an Android devices but on iOS no.
Any hints about that matter?

Alain

Sep 29, 2014, 3:06:23 PM9/29/14
to monoc...@googlegroups.com
10x Joseph for ur quick reply.
I managed to solve the problem today after 2 days of digging and it appeared to be an option for Monocle reader which is "primeURL" that need to be provided for Mobile Safari but it was not documented in Monocle wiki. I have read the whole Monocre.js to find out what's the problem. Monocle is the best reader but it lacks documentation.
Anyways the problem is solved 10x alot.

Al Eyza

Apr 1, 2016, 6:46:09 AM4/1/16
to Monocle
Hi Alain I got the same problem with you, all the contents showing up but unable to select, and the text resize not working. can you please share where to put the PrimeUrl?

Thanks