Error at qplot step for plotting distribution

Maria Ahmed

Jan 17, 2020, 9:59:12 AM1/17/20
to Monocle
I'm new to Monocle, and going through the steps mentioned here. I created my CDS from a Seurat object.
To verify that the expression values stored in CellDataSet follow a distribution that is roughly lognormal, I ran the following code:
qplot(value, geom = "density", data = melted_dens_df) +
  stat_function(fun = dnorm, size = 0.5, color = 'red') +
  xlab("Standardized log(FPKM)") +
  ylab("Density")

It gave an error:
Warning messages:
1: Removed 42430640 rows containing non-finite values (stat_density).
2: Computation failed in `stat_function()`:
'from' must be a finite number

Can anyone help me understand what the fix is for this? Thank you so much!