End of chapter pages get inaccessible when coming back - Android

Daniel Anken

Oct 14, 2015, 9:42:48 AM10/14/15
to Monocle
Hi everybody,

I have a problem on an Android app using Monocle to open an ebook.
My book contains text and images.
In one particular situation, I cannot access the last page of the chapter anymore.
It happens when we are switching from one chapter to the next, and the coming back to the previous.

Please look at the attached file to understand the process to reproduce the error.
(Problem_chapterLastPage_Android_v1.png)

Please also find attached the logcat file.
When the problem occurs, the error is :
10-11 13:15:41.402: W/WebViewCallback(15891): No application can handle file:///android_asset/www/book/en/OEBPS/Flow_1_Scores.xhtml

It looks like the chapter cannot be loaded - but the file is there, and the app had no trouble opening the files right before we switched to the next chapter.

Does anybody know how to solve this issue ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Daniel
Problem_chapterLastPage_Android_v1.png
log_AndroidError.txt

Daniel Anken

Oct 16, 2015, 7:29:46 AM10/16/15
to Monocle
It might be that this problem has something to do with text styling changes.
The app features the possibility to change font type or font size.

Has anybody else experienced something similar ?

Thanks for your help,

Daniel