A&O Jérémie Laval 2008-08-12: ParallelFX implementation

Jérémie Laval

Aug 12, 2008, 6:36:43 AM8/12/08
to mono-s...@googlegroups.com
Howdy,

First of all sorry for the lateness of the report, I was rather busy yesterday preparing for my holiday trip.

Achievements
--------------------

   - [DONE] Continue work started last week on unit-tests.
   - [DONE] Look into a simple implementation of Scala actors built on top of Task API.

Objectives & Notes
----------------------------

No objectives for this week, I will be away starting tonight and until 21 August. I will bring a laptop and so probably do some further cleanup while enjoying sun bath ;-) .

As said on my previous mail, the library is in good shape now and, even if Soc 'pencil down' date is while I'm in holidays, I will continue completing the test suite and PLinq when I come back.

About Scala-like actors, a first draft is already in place but need more investigation (reply-style communication isn't very flexible ATM).

Self contained sample packages are coming up too :-) .

--
Jérémie Laval
jeremi...@gmail.com

Jérémie Laval

Aug 12, 2008, 7:28:34 AM8/12/08
to mono-s...@googlegroups.com
I uploaded 5 samples packages @ http://netherilshade.free.fr/mono/parallelfx/

In each package the most recent version of System.Threading.dll is provided so no need to compile anything. Succint instructions are located in package's README file.