Gendarme Tasks. Weekly Status Report #12

Néstor Salceda

Aug 17, 2007, 12:55:35 PM8/17/07
to mono-soc-2007

This is the status report for August 12 - August 17.

* Accomplished this week.

Following the Sebastien’s wish, I have implemented the Avoid Speculative
Generality Rule, the rule is now for the reviewing process. This rule is
a large rule, because I should check several things.

The rule will check for abstract classes without responsability,
unnecesary delegation and I have a small solution for the problem with
the duplicated violations. I’m going to explain the problem, for
example, in the speculative generality smell, I have some signs for
detect this smell, one of them is that exists methods with unused
parameters (generally reserved parameters), then some weeks ago, I wrote
a rule for detect the unused parameters, then I will run gendarme and I
can get 2 errors:

1. The error produced by Avoid Speculative Generality Rule.
2. The error produced by the Avoid Unused Parameters Rule.

Then, when a detect a fail, the message should be clear and you should
find the error quickly. If you get 2 messages, produced by the same
error you can get confused with the errors.

Then, in the CheckType signature I get a TypeDefinition and a Runner.
The runner contains a property for retrieve the rules applied, then I
checked if the AvoidUnusedParameters rule will be executed (or has been
executed), and if the rule is present I will skip the checking in the
Avoid Speculative Generality rule.

* Plans for the next week.

Sadly, the Summer of Code starts to end. I should upload the code, but I
have a little bit of time for writting the next rule, I have posted the
specification for the Avoid Code Duplicated In Sibling Classes. As I
wrote other rule for check the code duplicated, I only should refactor
and get the rule.

* Challenges or problems.

Nothing special, the problem of the violations has been (half) fixed.

* Interesting resource.

This week, I haven’t any interesting resource.

Finally I want thank Sebastien, for give me advices and recomendations.

Néstor.

Sebastien

Aug 20, 2007, 8:59:48 AM8/20/07
to mono-soc-2007

Looks like a worthy ending rule ;-)

Please have a look at the thread about committing your code, the date
seems to be today.

Néstor Salceda

Aug 20, 2007, 9:18:35 AM8/20/07
to mono-s...@googlegroups.com
El lun, 20-08-2007 a las 12:59 +0000, Sebastien escribió:
> Looks like a worthy ending rule ;-)
>
> Please have a look at the thread about committing your code, the date
> seems to be today.

Yep, I know, at 19:00 UTC.

The rule is (quasi) finished, only I have to write a few tests and all
will be ready :)

Thanks for the reminder.

Néstor.