Gendarme Tasks. Weekly Status Report #11

Néstor Salceda

Aug 12, 2007, 4:23:42 PM8/12/07
to mono-soc-2007

This is the status report for August 6 - August 12.

* Accomplished this week.

Well, this week I have posted the rule for detect large classes, I have
written it and I have posted for the reviewing.

* Plans for the next week.

The next week I would like continue writting more smells, but I don’t
know which smell will be the following.

* Challenges or problems.

This week, Sebastien and Chris advice me about the similarities among
smells. By example: If you have a large class then the probability of
that class contains code duplicated is greater, then you can have a
violation for the large class and other violation for the code
duplication.

Then the challenge will be determine how I can make sure I report the
best / right rule violation. This problem is hard to solve, then I will
think about it.

* Interesting resources.

Yesterday, I saw an e-mail from Miguel, with a really interesting blog,
here is the link: http://blogs.msdn.com/fxcop/default.aspx

And, that’s all. Thanks to the people who has write comments to the
rules.

Néstor.

Sebastien

Aug 13, 2007, 10:01:20 AM8/13/07
to mono-soc-2007
On Aug 12, 4:23 pm, Néstor Salceda <nestor.salc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the status report for August 6 - August 12.
>
> * Accomplished this week.
>
> Well, this week I have posted the rule for detect large classes, I have
> written it and I have posted for the reviewing.
>
> * Plans for the next week.
>
> The next week I would like continue writting more smells, but I don't
> know which smell will be the following.

I like the "Speculative Generality" one but feel free to select the
ones you're most confident in implementing and testing.

Néstor Salceda

Aug 13, 2007, 10:47:34 AM8/13/07
to mono-s...@googlegroups.com
El lun, 13-08-2007 a las 07:01 -0700, Sebastien escribió:

> I like the "Speculative Generality" one but feel free to select the
> ones you're most confident in implementing and testing.

Okey Sebastien, is a large rule for implement, but can be very useful.
I'm going to specify it.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Néstor.