System.ServiceModel, NetPeerTcpBinding Class and System.ServiceModel.PeerResolvers. Weekly Status Report #12

Marcos Cobeña Morián

Aug 17, 2007, 3:29:00 PM8/17/07
to mono-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

MessageContract's IsWrapped property works now (thanks to Atsushi who
found out what I was missing). By default it's set to true, but
turning it false will avoid formatter to include body content inside a
top wrapper tag. It's extensively used by PeerResolvers.

Although PeerResolvers is almost filled (Mono status page shows a 84%
of it done, only some missing stuff I'll complete this weekend), I
can't continue making so much more tests on it, as there have been
some missing pieces needed. Right now a new service instance is
created per incoming message, so there's no state saved, which makes
almost impossible to play with CustomPeerResolverService (I'm working
on it).

I'm also working on a proof-of-concept sample which will try to get a
simple chat manually calling CustomPeerResolverService working.

This' been the most visited resource I've worked with this week:
http://blogs.msdn.com/peerchan/.

SoC is almost finished. :'-(

Thanks.

Regards,

--
Marcos - http://www.youcannoteatbits.org

Atsushi Eno

Aug 19, 2007, 7:38:13 AM8/19/07
to mono-s...@googlegroups.com
Marcos Cobeña Morián wrote:
> Hello,
>
> MessageContract's IsWrapped property works now (thanks to Atsushi who
> found out what I was missing). By default it's set to true, but
> turning it false will avoid formatter to include body content inside a
> top wrapper tag. It's extensively used by PeerResolvers.
>
> Although PeerResolvers is almost filled (Mono status page shows a 84%
> of it done, only some missing stuff I'll complete this weekend), I

You are likely misunderstanding the status. You actually have to
implement lots of things such as every property in
CustomPeerResolverSettings, PeerResolverSettings and NetPeerTcpBinding.

> can't continue making so much more tests on it, as there have been
> some missing pieces needed. Right now a new service instance is
> created per incoming message, so there's no state saved, which makes
> almost impossible to play with CustomPeerResolverService (I'm working
> on it).

The issue on missing support for InstanceContextMode.Single is gone,
so you can continue your work.

Atsushi Eno

Marcos Cobeña Morián

Aug 19, 2007, 7:49:20 AM8/19/07
to mono-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello Atsushi,

2007/8/19, Atsushi Eno <ats...@ximian.com>:

> Marcos Cobeña Morián wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > MessageContract's IsWrapped property works now (thanks to Atsushi who
> > found out what I was missing). By default it's set to true, but
> > turning it false will avoid formatter to include body content inside a
> > top wrapper tag. It's extensively used by PeerResolvers.
> >
> > Although PeerResolvers is almost filled (Mono status page shows a 84%
> > of it done, only some missing stuff I'll complete this weekend), I
>
> You are likely misunderstanding the status. You actually have to
> implement lots of things such as every property in
> CustomPeerResolverSettings, PeerResolverSettings and NetPeerTcpBinding.

That percentage only means inside System.ServiceModel.PeerResolvers
stuff, nothing further, I know. I'm aware of those things you mention,
I'm currently working on them, but I want to let almost ready service
side ASAP.

> > can't continue making so much more tests on it, as there have been
> > some missing pieces needed. Right now a new service instance is
> > created per incoming message, so there's no state saved, which makes
> > almost impossible to play with CustomPeerResolverService (I'm working
> > on it).
>
> The issue on missing support for InstanceContextMode.Single is gone,
> so you can continue your work.

Really thanks for your time. I keep with above things.

Regards,