Unit Test Coverage Tool - Status Report #10,11

1 view

game...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2007, 2:30:30 PM8/14/07
to mono-soc-2007
I'm working on several interesting things.

First, I looked into seeing why there are some results involving
methods using COM/etc. I don't believe they are noise per se, but
rather occurring from people using managed C++ (which is an
intentional usage) and generated COM wrappers (unintentional) over
native libraries. Those calls are in fact being made and thus can be
relevant to someone. I think that with the right interface for
exploring/filtering the results, this will not be a problem (usually
isolated to System.Runtime.InteropServices namespace)

Second, my original proposal included implementing a CodeRank
statistic. Even though I feel that this is more important for people
that may be interested in studying how ONE application uses a API
(rather than a large sample), I figure I would go ahead and have that
in there.

Third, in the process of collecting the call graph information (for
coderank), I decided that a round of refactoring would be good to make
it easier to separate the 'code walking' from the
'statistics collecting'. That way it would be easy to add new
statistics without creating this huge method.

Finally, I wanted to work on improved ways for exploring the data.
One, allowing exportation would allow other tools to go over the data.
However, I'm wondering what is the best way to impact the Mono
community. Something that goes beyond here are the 10 ten uncovered
methods, etc. (Even though having this be part of a weekly status
update could help...)