.NET Framework 3.0 WPF controls - Report #12

1 view

George Giolfan

Aug 17, 2007, 2:15:15 PM8/17/07
to mono-soc-2007
This week's accomplishments:
* a few fixes and code cleanup;
* created very simple theme styles for the some of the implemented
controls;
* looked at Olive to see what has been done already, spotted a few
bugs, created some tests and fixed them (see the Olive.patch file in
the SOC repository; I can commit it to the Mono repository if it is
OK);
Plans for next week (until Monday, August 20th at 19:00 UTC anyway):
* take screenshots of a Windows SDK sample running on Microsoft C#
code, implemented C# code with Windows SDK XAML theme code and
implemented C# code with implemented XAML theme code and post them on
the SOC project description page. The second instance should be
identical both visually and functionally and the third one should
match most of the functionality of the first one.
* look at Olive and the documentation to see what low level classes I
can implement (I don't think there are many controls left that I can
implement using the approach of deriving them from existing .NET
Framework classes and changing the namespace they are in: they
probably require access to internal members);
Post-SOC plans:
* implement whatever WPF classes I am able to, test and fix existing
code. Any advice would be appreciated. (Also, I would like to know
what happens with the code I wrote during the SOC: does it go in the
Mono repository, will I still have write access to it, will it be
integrated when the time comes etc.)
Problems:
* themes: how a theme is supposed to work is not documented and
looking at the existing themes included as samples in the Windows SDK
tends to generate very similar code (I not sure about the legal
implications of this).