License of Interop.WIA.dll and Microsoft.Ink.dll files

Eric

Feb 20, 2009, 6:06:15 PM2/20/09
to mono-paint-port
I am trying to get paintdotnet packaged for Fedora. When running make
dist in the src dir, there are 2 binary dlls that get bundled in the
source tarball. Could anybody let me know what license those files are
under and where I can get source code if they are Free?

Thanks,
__
Eric

Miguel de Icaza

Feb 21, 2009, 11:13:44 AM2/21/09
to mono-pa...@googlegroups.com
You can drop those files as they are not used in Linux anyways.

Eric

Feb 22, 2009, 8:06:16 PM2/22/09
to mono-paint-port
I have tried to remove those dll in the %prep macro, prior to building
but when missing those files seem to wreak havoc. I then removed them
in the %install macro, after building, but I then get missing deps
when installing the rpm.
$ sudo rpm -ivh ../RPMS/i386/paintdotnet-0.1-0.2.63svn.fc10.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
mono(Interop.WIA) = 1.0.0.0 is needed by
paintdotnet-0.1-0.2.63svn.fc10.i386
mono(Microsoft.Ink) = 1.7.2600.2180 is needed by
paintdotnet-0.1-0.2.63svn.fc10.i386

Although when forcing install with --nodeps paintdotnet starts up
properly.

In the end, I would think the desired behaviour would be to remove non
free dlls prior to building. Any hints would be appreciated.

__
Eric

ftp://ftp.zouric.com/public/paintdotnet/paintdotnet.spec

On Feb 21, 8:13 am, Miguel de Icaza <miguel.de.ic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can drop those files as they are not used in Linux anyways.

Miguel de Icaza

Feb 22, 2009, 8:40:18 PM2/22/09
to mono-pa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

    Those files should really not be referenced anywhere.   If they are, the calling code has to drop the reference, they should be entirely unused.