Removing "Treat warnings as errors"

Philip Goh

Aug 16, 2009, 1:25:39 PM8/16/09
to mono-paint-port
In the Monodevelop solution, there is an inconsistent use of the
"Treat warnings as errors" option. Some projects are built with it,
some projects have it applied only on the release build and some
projects do not have it all together. There are numerous complaints
about using FileStream.SafeHandle but since this has yet to be
implemented in Mono, there's not much we can do about it. I don't feel
it's right to suppress these warnings as they should be worked on, but
perhaps we shouldn't be failing the build because of it.

I've uploaded the patch file to the "Files" section of the group. It's
a small patch, but it allows easier development of Paint Mono using
Monodevelop.

Phil

Andreia Gaita

Aug 16, 2009, 1:36:32 PM8/16/09
to mono-pa...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On 8/16/09, Philip Goh <phili...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've uploaded the patch file to the "Files" section of the group. It's
> a small patch, but it allows easier development of Paint Mono using
> Monodevelop.

Your patch has a ton of diff of files that shouldn't be included, like
.svn/entries. Could you clean it up so only the relevant files are in
it? If you're using svn, do svn diff to obtain a correct patch file.

Thanks for helping out!

andreia gaita

Philip Goh

Aug 17, 2009, 1:23:32 PM8/17/09
to mono-paint-port
Hi there,

Sorry about that. I'm not that familiar with svn yet. I've done a SVN
diff and the new patch file has been uploaded to the files section.

Cheers,
Phil