Alternative for serialization using [DataContract]/[DataMember]

pankaj gupta

Aug 14, 2009, 10:22:01 AM8/14/09
to mono-...@googlegroups.com
Hello community,

I want to serialize data using datacontracts.
[DataContract]/[DataMember] is not supported in mono.
I have seen some other implementations like http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-net/
What could be the suggested alternative to [DataContract]/[DataMember]?

I have used [DataContract]/[DataMember] in .net project, which I want to port to mono now.

Regards
Pankaj Gupta

Atsushi Eno

Aug 14, 2009, 12:58:06 PM8/14/09
to mono-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Things that are likely to go outside Olive had better be asked at
mono lists (e.g. mono-list). I have no other idea than any "contract"
based serialization. Though data contract serializers would mostly
work fine as it got brushed up for Moonlight uses.

Atsushi Eno