Mono Cecil Generated Debug Symbols

venu gopal Yela

Oct 16, 2018, 2:24:50 AM10/16/18
to mono-cecil
Hi JB,

We are successfully using Mono Cecil to instrument .Net assemblies and run them through Visual Studio IDE. Our solution has web application, business library and data access library. Web app uses business library and in turn business library uses data access library.

After replacing instrumented assemblies and respective .pdb file, running solution in Debug mode. For web app we are able to debug the code and when business library code is reached, Visual Studio is saying that could not load code file. Even verified debug symbols generated of the assembly instrumented by Mono Cecil, and symbols are having code file path. If we manually open the code file of business library, debug is working fine.

Are we doing something wrong? Any settings to be used in Visual Studio for this?

Can you please help?

Thanks & Regards,
Venu

venu gopal Yela

Nov 13, 2018, 2:22:51 AM11/13/18
to mono-cecil
Hi JB,

Did you get a chance to look into this?

I tired all the ways and could not figure out what the issue is.
Does assembly and pdb store referenced code file paths?

Can you please help me in this issue?

Thanks,
Venu