Load Addin in AppDomain

F.Gsell

May 26, 2011, 3:36:05 AM5/26/11
to Mono.Addins
Hi,

is it possible to load an AddIn in a separate AppDomain. As far as I
understand the mechanism, I have to run the AddInManager initiailze in
the separate appdomain and load the AddIns. But how can I run the
AddInManager initialize in a separate AppDomain?

When I try to create the AddInManager in the new AppDomain via
CreateInstanceAndUnwrap I get an exception becauce the AddInManager is
not marked as serializable?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
F.Gsell

Lluis Sanchez Gual

May 31, 2011, 1:46:19 PM5/31/11
to mono-...@googlegroups.com
You can't directly create an instance of AddinManager. What you can do is create a class which initializes the AddinManager and create an instance of that class in the app domain.