Getting modules to communicate with each other

Skinner36

Nov 30, 2010, 2:56:04 AM11/30/10
to mono-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

With the assistance of the excellent sample code from John Haigh’s blog.
http://geekswithblogs.net/johnhaigh/archive/2009/10/05/monoaddinswindowsformsapplicationsamplepart1.aspx
I have been able to create an add-in that adds a button to a toolbar and a
user control to a WinForm.

However, I am now stuck again. The user control is very simple and contains
only one textbox.
What I am trying to do is to populate the textbox with a simple string
(Hello World) when the button on the toolbar is pressed. It all appears to
work when I debug the code but nothing is displayed in the textbox, so I
imagine I have an instance problem.

Can anyone help me with a code sample or documentation on how to solve my
problem?

Thanks in advance,

John

Montellese

Nov 30, 2010, 3:00:19 AM11/30/10
to mono-...@googlegroups.com

Hey

You might want to post your question in the discussion forum at Codeplex
where Mono.Addins is located now: http://monoaddins.codeplex.com/discussions

Furthermore it would help if you could post some code which shows what
exactly you would like to do and what does not work as expected.

Skinner36

Nov 30, 2010, 4:33:44 AM11/30/10
to mono-...@googlegroups.com

Thankyou Montelles,

I have added a sav extension to the dll's in the bin directory.

The solution is from VS2008

Cheers,

John http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/file/n3065076/Mono.Addins_Sample3.zip
Mono.Addins_Sample3.zip