[mono-addins] Mono.Addins 0.5 released

Lluis Sanchez

May 25, 2010, 12:20:51 PM5/25/10
to Mono.Addins
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Mono.Addins 0.5.

Mono.Addins is a generic framework for creating extensible applications,
and for creating libraries which extend applications.

The 0.5 release of Mono.Addins comes packed with new features,
including:

* User defined custom attributes can now be used to declare
extensions and add-in metadata.
* The new AddinEngine class allows hosting several independent
add-in engines in a single application domain.
* Improved lazy loading of add-ins. More information is now lazy
loaded.
* An XML manifest can now be split in several files embedded as
resources in an assembly.
* More add-in information can be declared using custom attributes
instead of an XML manifest: author list, imported files and
assemblies, optional modules, localizers.
* Added new API based on generic methods and collections.
* New MSBuild tasks file and target, which allows using add-in
references directly in a build file (still experimental).
* Reorganized the samples directory.
* New and improved documentation.
* Many bug fixes.

Another important change is that Mono.Addins is now hosted in CodePlex:
http://monoaddins.codeplex.com

If you are interested in knowing more about Mono.Addins, take a look at
http://monoaddins.codeplex.com/documentation. The new Programming Guide
document shows some of the new features of this release.

You can download the source code from:
http://monoaddins.codeplex.com/releases/view/45628

Enjoy!
Lluis.

Sascha Montellese

May 26, 2010, 9:15:19 AM5/26/10
to Mono.Addins
Thanks a lot for your effort (also on the documentation).
I'm gonna test the new release and see what changed.

Cheers
Montellese