Add-ins registered in the global registry must have a namespace

Nils

Feb 18, 2011, 4:54:41 PM2/18/11
to Mono.Addins
Hi,
I am trying to use Mono.Addin but getting the following error:
> ERROR: Add-ins registered in the global registry must have a namespace.

I can not find anything in the docs.
Can someone please hint to what I am doing wrong?

Yours,
Nils

Lluis Sanchez

Feb 21, 2011, 10:05:38 AM2/21/11
to Mono.Addins
Hi,

If you don't specify a registry location when initializing the add-in
engine, then Mono.Addins will use a global shared add-in registry.
When using the global registry, add-ins must specify a namespace (add-
in namespace, not C# namespace) to avoid name collision with other
applications/add-ins. So, to fix this issue you have two options:
1) Specify a namespace for the add-in (see
http://monoaddins.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=The%20add-in%20header&referringTitle=Reference%20Manual)
2) Use an application specific add-in registry.

Lluis.

Nils Andresen

Feb 22, 2011, 2:03:29 AM2/22/11
to mono-...@googlegroups.com, Lluis Sanchez
Hi,
Thanks for the hint.
Using an application specific add-in registry I "removed" the error message.
Sadly I am unable to incorporate mono.addins into my existing project (all the tests and demo's I typed worked fine...) I'll keep trying, though.

Nils