L-brackets and signs at Mount Diablo State Park

Dan Rademacher

Feb 17, 2014, 9:30:31 PM2/17/14
to monitor...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

We just installed four L-bracket photo stations, inspired by MonitorChange.org, on Mount Diablo, to track recovery form a fire last here. And we've already got people snapping pics. Hooray!

You can see the photos coming in here: http://nerdsfornature.org/monitor-change/diablo.html

We ended up getting great help from Stat eParks folks to steer these through regulatory approval, and we found easy ways to print the signs on aluminum (Kinkos!) and fabricate them with cheap materials form our local lumber yard.

We've got a website set up to show slideshows from the various social media streams, but we haven't yet figured out if there's a way to automate the stitching together of images. If anyone's got tips, we're all ears!

Dan Rademacher
Nerds for Nature
Oakland, CA