Fwd: The I.S.A. Newsletter - November Edition

Clay Heery

Nov 4, 2011, 12:31:08 PM11/4/11
to mongos-h...@googlegroups.com

Sum gud readin' here...

Clay Heery
clay...@aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: International Screenwriter's Association <netwo...@gmail.com>
To: clayheery <clay...@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 4, 2011 5:24 am
Subject: The I.S.A. Newsletter - November Edition

November 2011

IN THIS ISSUE

QUICK LINKS

FREE EVENT

21 Steps to a
Professional Rewrite!

Saturday, November 12th, 2011 at 2pm Pacific

All are invited!

  -----------------------------

SCRIPTS WANTED
The best resource on the web to showcase your screenplay to thousands of industry insiders, producers directors and production companies.
No FEE to Submit!
-----------------------------

FINAL DEADLINE
December 1st!

Meet Hollywood Producers!
(Free Feedback w/ code: F4ISA)

-----------------------------

WRITING GIGS

The I.S.A. Newsletter - November Edition

Greetings and SMILES

Hey guys,

This month's newsletter is all about the fear associated with someone 'stealing your idea'.  What?  Who would do that?  Well, if you're worried about it, then you're an 'Amateur'!  What?  Why would you call me that?  Sorry, we love you and just wanted to grab your attention.  We're not really calling you names, but we do want you to be confident to pitch your ideas and get your work out there, so read the articles below.  They WILL change your perspective.

Also, remember to check out our 'events' section on our HOME page.  We try to keep you posted on as many as we can so make sure to visit the I.S.A. website regularly.  For example, there's the ScreenwritingU free teleconference on November 12th.  Plus, the I.S.A. is doing a free teleconference on November 19th with an exciting new resource.  You can sign up here for FREE: http://networkisa.org/#/freeq-a/4554218218

And finally, check out ScriptBlaster below. For a limited time, they're offering writers the chance to include two loglines/synopses for two different projects within the one query letter.

This and many exciting resources, brought to you by,

Your friends at the I.S.A. - Keep Smiling!  :O)

What If Someone Steals Your Idea
By Jacob Krueger
It’s a constant fear among young writers: finally coming up with that million dollar idea, only to have it stolen by some mustache twirling producer, some back-stabbing friend, or even worse, some untalented hack of a writer.

For this reason, scores of writers hide away their best ideas, terrified to share them with anyone for fear of losing them.

So, let me reassure you. You don’t have to worry about anybody stealing your idea. Because somewhere out there in the wild world of screenwriting, somebody already has.  Read More >

What If Someone Steals Your Screenplay?
By The Hot Script blog
Most writers I meet live with a deep-seated fear that someone will steal their screenplay, or will steal the idea in their screenplay, or will steal the title of their screenplay.

This is such a source of anxiety that most aspiring writers become paranoid and preoccupied with frightful imaginings of, “What if all my hard work goes to waste and someone else steals it and turns it into a big success for themselves”?

In terms of enhancing your creative effort, this is an extremely unhealthy and limiting way to think. It also points to a very limiting belief on your part, as well as a pervasive scarcity mentality.  Read More >

How To Tell An Amateur
By ScriptFaze
Writers are smart people, and it is generally hard to tell the difference between someone who’s pretending, and someone who has an actual career. HOWEVER, there is one very-common point of conversation that immediately blows the top off any writer’s cover, and exposes him for the amateur he really is:

The fear of having his script STOLEN.

Yup. That’s right.  If you complain to others about having your spec script ripped off, YOU ARE AN AMATEUR.  Why, you ask?  Read More >

SCRIPTBLASTER E-QUERY SERVICE – 2-for-1 SPECIAL OFFER!
Pitch your script or book by email.

 For a limited time, Scriptblaster is offering writers the chance to include two loglines/synopses for two different projects within the one query letter.
All you have to do is place your order at our website by November 14, 2011,
upload one query letter that contains your two pitches.
(*Available for SCRIPTBLASTER Blaster Pack & Global Blast services only.  *Available for BOOKBLASTER Blaster Pack and Global Book Blast services only.)
Place your order at www.scriptblaster.com Email us at: in...@scriptblaster.com
The International Screenwriter's Association offers writers worldwide a reliable informational resource, a mutual support network, and member-only discounts and benefits.   *Membership is free!
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved

Forward email

This email was sent to clay...@aol.com by netwo...@gmail.com |

International Screenwriter's Association | 8581 Santa Monica Blvd | #438 | West Hollywood | CA | 90069