How to save the whole schema while not explicitly defining some of the fields

Michael Donux

Sep 19, 2016, 6:18:41 AM9/19/16
to mongoose-users
Hi, my question is the title. And my example is as below:

var catSchema = new Schema({
    name
: String,
    color
: String,
});

var Cat = mongoose.model('Cat', catSchema);

Cat.create({ name: 'me' }, function(err, result) {
    console
.log(result);
});

Is it possible to get the doc saved with both `name` field and `color` field?
Or do I have to explicitly set the `color` to `null`?

I'm hoping for all suggestions.

Sergey Lyubka

Sep 19, 2016, 11:46:35 AM9/19/16
to mongoose-users