PEM file including certificate chain in mongoose

JF

Apr 4, 2014, 1:13:45 AM4/4/14
to mongoos...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

According to the SSL guide here, mongoose should support certificate chains.

"private key must be converted to PEM format
certificate must be converted to PEM format
those two should be concatenated into a single file
If the certificate chain in used, a chain file also needs to be converted into PEM format and appended to the certificate file.
"

Does anyone know if this is actually supported? I have been at this for quite some time and I'm about convinced that certificate chains are not supported in a single PEM file with mongoose.

Thanks for any support here.

Sergey Lyubka

Apr 4, 2014, 3:44:35 AM4/4/14
to mongoose-users
Take 3 files: private key, certificate, and chain file, all in PEM format, and concatenate them into one file. That would be the file you're looking for.

Sergey.

Pradeep Vishnu

Mar 1, 2016, 6:44:17 PM3/1/16
to mongoose-users
Hey,

Below solution worked ? I have tried no way - am hitting with error

I had cert chain (domaincrt, subca,ca) tried different ways but its not working. Any idea ?

/var/app/current/node_modules/mongoose/node_modules/mongodb/lib/server.js:236
        process.nextTick(function() { throw err; })
                                      ^
Error: unable to verify the first certificate
    at Error (native)
    at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (_tls_wrap.js:1003:38)
    at emitNone (events.js:67:13)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:166:7)
    at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:570:8)

Pradeep