TXT File Upload w/o GridFS using MEAN Stack

Joshua Swiss

Dec 8, 2015, 10:19:24 AM12/8/15
to mongoose-users
Hi All:

Probably a bit of a noob question, but I'm using Node and Mongoose to develop a site where budget data is uploaded with a .TXT file, then parsed and displayed. The text files are tiny, a few dozen kbs, so not really necessary to use GridFS. I'd like to store the files direct to my database rather than to a local file. Is that possible?

I've seen the mongoose-file module, but it's a few years old now. Also, some of the examples I've seen have used either Buffer or Mixed data types in the schema. Is there a best practice for saving small, non-image files to my db?

Thanks,

Josh

Sergey Lyubka

Dec 8, 2015, 10:24:19 AM12/8/15