Integrating into esp32

Robin Gilks

Sep 25, 2017, 10:38:58 PM9/25/17
to mongoose users
Greetings all

Been a while (shows a happy user!!) but I'm moving away from openwrt and
routers and getting interested in the Espressif esp32.

I've grabbed the latest git master of mongoose and the latest esp32 SDK
but I can't work out how to marry the two of them up.

What is in the examples/ESP32_IDF doesn't make sense compared to other IDF
examples I've seen.

Guess I'm looking for a simple step-by-step guide.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks

Sergey Lyubka

Sep 26, 2017, 2:54:20 AM9/26/17
to mongoose-users
Robin, you want to look at https://mongoose-os.com/

--
Robin Gilks

Robin Gilks

Sep 27, 2017, 7:22:02 AM9/27/17
to mongoos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey

I came, I downloaded, I programmed and I have a flashing LED on my esp32,
after I found that my hardware had the LED on pin 2 not on pin 21, so I
seem to have mastered a few basics.

2 questions
1. I'm currently running version 5.4 (about 3 years old) on other systems
and the interface appears to have changed a lot (again). I take it the
event handler has been wrapped into mgos. I can't find anything that
describes the mg_event_handler_t interface the handler uses and what
access it has to any POST data etc

2. I've been using the AT modem code from Espressif which uses a closed
'.a' library as a part of the build. Could that be incorporated into the
mgos environment as I'm particularly interested in the config and OTA
update capabilities of mgos.

Thanks

> Robin, you want to look at https://mongoose-os.com/
>
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:38 AM, Robin Gilks <g8...@gilks.org> wrote:
>
>> Greetings all
>>
>> Been a while (shows a happy user!!) but I'm moving away from openwrt and
>> routers and getting interested in the Espressif esp32.
>>
>> I've grabbed the latest git master of mongoose and the latest esp32 SDK
>> but I can't work out how to marry the two of them up.
>>
>> What is in the examples/ESP32_IDF doesn't make sense compared to other
>> IDF
>> examples I've seen.
>>
>> Guess I'm looking for a simple step-by-step guide.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Robin Gilks
>>

>> --
>>

> --

Robin Gilks zl3rob/g8ecj
Internet: g8...@gilks.org http://www.gilks.org

Sergey Lyubka

Sep 28, 2017, 5:33:18 AM9/28/17
to mongoose-users
I suggest to use forum.mongoose-os.com for the questions.
No, AT modem from espressif will not be a part of mongoose-os.