Open Commit Policy

Scott Taylor

Apr 27, 2021, 7:24:39 PM4/27/21
to MongoMapper
I've talked to Chris Heald about this in the past.  Like him and John Nunemaker, I'm no longer using MongoMapper on a day to day to basis (although I still use it occasionally for side projects).

I think the best way forward with MongoMapper is to open up contributions to anyone who has gotten a patch submitted (an "open commit policy"), as per Rubinius.

If you're interested in working on MongoMapper, have gotten a patch accepted previously and would like to work more on it, shoot me an email at sc...@railnewbie.com.  Put "MongoMapper" in the subject line,  along your commit sha1, and your github username in the email.  I'll add you to the project and you can commit away.

I know this might be a bit unorthodox for an ORM but I really believe in the contributions of each of the members of the open source community.

Hopefully this leads to a new flourishing of activity for a great project like MongoMapper.

Regards,

Scott Taylor