Future of MongoMapper?

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Apr 2, 2015, 11:06:38 AM4/2/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
Chris et al, I'm curious what the future of MM is. Are there any plans to update it for the 2.0 Mongo Ruby driver?

Cheers,

Jamie

Chris Heald

Apr 2, 2015, 11:08:58 AM4/2/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com

I'd certainly like to! Is the new driver released yet?

The old driver has plenty of issues, but I'm stuck in legacy app support land, so my focus is admittedly not on the edge stuff. I'd love to get things up to speed with the latest releases though.

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Apr 2, 2015, 11:13:33 AM4/2/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
2.0 came out very recently. I found out as I was going to the Ruby driver docs and 2.0's is now the default. The API has changed significantly.

I had tried the 1.12.0 driver a month or two ago and it broke some of my processes, but I'm still pegged at an older version of MM. I need to test upgrading to current version. I can't remember why I pegged my app to this version: https://github.com/mongomapper/mongomapper/commit/9b87dee507802a8cb96f2d316802c9fd241448c8

Jamie

Chris Heald

Apr 2, 2015, 11:15:48 AM4/2/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com

I've been keeping an eye on 2.0 over the last year or so, but held off on updating mm due to the volatile api. Now that it's released, I'd love to see about an update.

I'll start work on a branch soonish, though I'd certainly welcome help if anyone else is so inclined.

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Apr 2, 2015, 11:35:16 AM4/2/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to pitch in, but the reality is that working at a startup leaves me little time. I'll keep an eye on the branch in chip in if I can.

Jamie

Chris Heald

Apr 2, 2015, 11:36:49 AM4/2/15
to mongo...@googlegroups.com