MongoKit producing a DeprecationWarning from pymongo

Andrew McNamara

Aug 13, 2014, 1:51:07 AM8/13/14
to mong...@googlegroups.com
G'day - we've noticed that mongokit (0.9.1) is triggering DeprecationWarnings from pymongo (2.5.2):

/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pymongo/collection.py:269: DeprecationWarning: The safe parameter is deprecated. Please use write concern options instead.
/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pymongo/collection.py:266: DeprecationWarning: The safe parameter is deprecated. Please use write concern options instead.

Is there any plan to do a new release to address this?

Nicolas Clairon

Aug 16, 2014, 9:20:50 AM8/16/14
to mong...@googlegroups.com
As always, pull requests are accepted. Plus, I want to notice that MongoKit needs a new maintainer (see https://github.com/namlook/mongokit/issues/182 for more details)

--

---

Shu Ding

Jan 19, 2016, 6:20:55 AM1/19/16
to MongoKit
I got the same problem today...maybe you could use

your_collection.save(safe=None, write_options={'w': 0})

which had solved my warning :)