Sort option on mapreduce

Jesse Clark

May 22, 2014, 1:28:07 PM5/22/14
to mon...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In this post and this post on of the MongoDB guys talks about optimizing mapreduce by using a sort key and an index that is the same as the emit key used by the mapreduce.

The Mongoid mapreduce docs don't mention support for the sort option and I couldn't get it to work using a regular Chainable sort option.

I am doing a mapreduce algorithm in realtime ( yes, I know this is generally not recommended ) and every bit of performance I can squeeze out of it is huge.

Are there any plans to support the sort option on mapreduce calls in Mongoid?

Thanks,
-Jesse