Cannot find org.eclipse.equinox.cm

Nigel Daniels

Mar 21, 2013, 7:52:59 AM3/21/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've manually installed 0.7.1 (See my previous post) and have tried to start using it. I've run into another dependancy issue with org.eclipse.equinox.cm. This plugin does not seem to be included in Eclipse JEE (Juno SR2). I've had a look through the software install site for Juno and base eclipse but I cannot see where I get the cm plugin from? Again any advice welcome.

Nigel

Bryan Hunt

Mar 21, 2013, 8:39:04 AM3/21/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
org.eclipse.equinox.cm is part of the OSGi compendium.  Are you using the default target platform?  I would highly recommend creating a specialized target platform (.target file) and include the necessary dependencies from the Juno p2 repository.

Bryan

Nigel Daniels

Mar 21, 2013, 11:36:52 AM3/21/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryan,

thanks for getting back to me, When you say default target platform I am using the Standard JEE download. I'm doing some other development work in this environment and I'd like to try out Mongo as it may help fix a persistence issue for me :) When you say I can get the plugin from the Juno P2 repository do you have the install URL for that I can use? I could not find it on:

I do not have experience of building a target file, is there a reference on doing that I could look at?

Best regards,

Nigel

John

Mar 22, 2013, 4:08:02 PM3/22/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nigel,

What your looking for is an OSGi bundle, the Eclipse Equinox project maintains these.  You can download these OSGi bundles from:
 http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/
(Spent the last ten minutes trying to find the Equinox p2 site, but couldn't, which is ironic seeing as though p2 itself is also a sub project managed by the Equinox team.  You think they would 'advertise' their p2 repo more openly?)

Anyway download the equinox bundles and use these for building your target.  For working with targets see:
http://www.modumind.com/2009/09/01/creating-an-eclipse-rcp-target-platform/

John