REST access to MongoEMF.

Juan Pedro Silva Gallino

Jun 5, 2013, 6:36:37 AM6/5/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody.
I'm doing some research on model repositories, to figure out which to use.
I found out about MongoEMF and it seems promising.

I'm just starting to look at it, and I have one question at this stage.
Which would be the best approach to provide a RESTfull interface to MongoEMF?
I'm thinking on having a remote model repository and accessing it through REST, but I believe MongoEMF hasn't got this feature yet, am I right?

Thanks in advance for your answers and your help.
Regards,
              JP

Bryan Hunt

Jun 6, 2013, 10:10:34 PM6/6/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
You are correct that MongoEMF does not directly support REST.  You can put a REST layer on top of MongoEMF and use EMF as your domain layer with persistence to MongoDB.  I am working on exactly that, but it's not ready for prime-time yet.  For your REST layer, you can use Restlet, Jersey, or Admatu.  I've been using Restlet, emfjson (https://github.com/ghillairet/emfjson), MongoEMF, and OSGi to build my server.

Bryan