Requesting Runtime Dependencies

Geoffry Roberts

Oct 26, 2013, 3:23:43 PM10/26/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

Surprise seeing you on the BndTools group.

It would appear the problems I am having with eMongo and ConfigurationAdmin have to do with the runtime dependencies I'm using.  Would be so good as to post the exact dependencies you use?

Thanks

Bryan Hunt

Oct 26, 2013, 4:14:57 PM10/26/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoffry,

I'll try to create an example using Bndtools and Felix, but it may take me a few days.  In the meantime, you can see how it's done using PDE and Equinox if you look at the examples in eMongo and MongoEMF - working launchers are provided.

Bryan

Geoffry Roberts

Oct 26, 2013, 5:06:11 PM10/26/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

Good news I managed to solve the problem.  I have a funky little utility called jarscan.  I used to search my bnd repository for all occurrences of ConfigurationAdmin.  I am now using only org.eclipse.equinox.cm, and thats that.

Thanks for the help.

Bryan Hunt

Oct 27, 2013, 8:49:30 AM10/27/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoffry,

Glad you got it working.  FYI, there is a new build of eModeling and MongoEMF.  The API did not change, but the eModeling implementation is now split into multiple bundles.  This should be the last change to eModeling as I'm now working on documentation.

Bryan

Geoffry Roberts

Oct 27, 2013, 10:50:24 AM10/27/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

Good to know.  Glad you are working on the documentation.  I'll try to help you with that if you don't mind.  Yours is an important project to me right now.  I am in the throws of proving it.  Once I get the eMongo part working,  I'll get into eModeling more.  I have some EMF models that were done by another project, closely associated with the eclipse foundation, that I'll be testing with.  These models are extensive and have passed muster with NIST so they must be usable as are.  If your code can handle them,  life will start to get good.

Cheers

Bryan Hunt

Oct 27, 2013, 11:21:16 AM10/27/13
to mong...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoffry,

I'm done with the User Guide for now: https://github.com/BryanHunt/eModeling/wiki/User-Guide

The Install Guide will be next (maybe tonight or next weekend).

I think the wiki is open to everyone, so if you would like to contribute to the documentation, that would be appreciated.

Bryan