Connection Issue between Atlas and Shell

Rishabh Gupta

Feb 26, 2020, 5:07:57 PM2/26/20
to mongodb-user
Hi,

I am facing connection issues when trying to connect Atlas with the Shell. Also, I am unable to connect Atlas with Compass. I have made sure I am typing the correct Host name, Username and password. I have also made sure that I connect with the primary cluster. I am stuck big time on this. Can someone help.

Thanks

Stennie

Mar 1, 2020, 9:52:21 PM3/1/20
to mongodb-user
On Thursday, 27 February 2020 09:07:57 UTC+11, Rishabh Gupta wrote:
I am facing connection issues when trying to connect Atlas with the Shell. Also, I am unable to connect Atlas with Compass. I have made sure I am typing the correct Host name, Username and password. I have also made sure that I connect with the primary cluster. I am stuck big time on this. Can someone help.

Hi Rishabh,

As a first step I would check that you have configured your Atlas whitelist to allow connections from your current IP address. You can then follow the relevant tutorial to Connect to an Atlas cluster (using MongoDB Compass or the mongo shell).

If you are still having trouble connecting, you can either:
  • Talk to the Atlas support team using the green chat icon at the bottom right of an Atlas page.

  • Start a new discussion on the MongoDB Community forum (which replaces this Google Group).
Thanks,
Stennie