Replica Set re-sync fails "replSet initial sync failing"

Ansgar Hofmann

Jan 18, 2012, 11:31:31 AM1/18/12
to mongodb-user
I tried to update from 1.8.4 to 2.0.2 in a replica set. I started with
one of the slaves but after a few seconds the slave started to write
errors into the log. So I decided to stop mongod, delete all data and
thus start a new sync.
This needed about 14 hours and just before being finished this
happens:

> Tue Jan 17 20:00:23 [rsSync] replSet initial sync cloning db: admin
> Tue Jan 17 20:00:24 [rsSync] replSet initial sync cloning db: config
> Tue Jan 17 20:00:24 [rsSync] replSet initial sync query minValid
> Tue Jan 17 20:00:32 [rsSync] replSet initial oplog application from a2.serv:27017 starting at Jan 17 07:03:38:6 to Jan 17 20:00:24:8
> Tue Jan 17 20:00:33 [rsSync] replSet initial sync failing, error applying oplog 10111 table scans not allowed:myDatabase.myCappedCollection
> Tue Jan 17 20:00:33 [rsSync] replSet initial sync failed during applyoplog

and the server deletes all data and starts again to sync.

So I have a capped collection (without indexes) and a master that
doesn't allow table scans. Could it be that in this constellation it's
not possible to replicate? I tried creating an index but replication
still doesn't work.

Eliot Horowitz

Jan 18, 2012, 6:17:08 PM1/18/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
This seems like an issue like you described.

For now, I would
- allow table scans on the primary and re-sync
- file a bug @ http://jira.mongodb.org/