couldn't connect to server...

pablo platt

Jan 19, 2011, 5:13:08 PM1/19/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Once in a while I'm getting an error:
couldn't connect to server 127.0.0.1 (anon):1154 exception: connect failed

Probably because I didn't shut down my dev server properly or a similar reason.
To fix it I need to remove the lock and start the server with:
sudo rm /var/lib/mongodb/mongod.lock
sudo start mongodb
Or maybe even repair the db.

Will this be fixed in 1.8 with single server durability?
I understand the pros and cons and the whole durability debate but this never happened to me with any other database
and I'm afraid that on production my app will be down because of minor issues.

Thanks

Eliot Horowitz

Jan 19, 2011, 9:56:06 PM1/19/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
1) you should never remove the lock file without running repair
2) with 1.8 and durability, it will automatically recover, and that
will be very fast rather than having to rebuild entire db