MongoDB Auth and MongoDB try connection

Kwizzy FR

Aug 17, 2016, 3:47:47 PM8/17/16
to mongodb-user
Hey,

I've a mongoDB database in a other dedicated server.
So i've put a authentification security.

My question is: Is there a limit of connection attempts?

William Hagan

Aug 18, 2016, 2:44:33 PM8/18/16
to mongodb-user
I think this will be an application business logic issue.

Nishant Bhardwaj

Aug 26, 2016, 2:34:43 AM8/26/16
to mongodb-user

Hello Kwizzy,

As of MongoDB 3.2, there is no feature to limit connection attempts in MongoDB. If your situation permits, it can be implemented in application code. I would recommend reviewing blog post Password Authentication with Mongoose (Part 2): Account Locking for some ideas.

As a best practice, DBA should limit network exposure of database to trusted clients; see MongoDB Security checklist for recommended practices.

Regards
Nishant