Attention: MongoDB Community Members - We're moving!

Jamie Langskov

Feb 10, 2020, 2:26:12 PM2/10/20
to mongodb-user

The new MongoDB Community forums are now live! We've built the forums to give you a centralized place to connect with other MongoDB users, ask questions, and get answers. The new forums will soon take the place of this Google Group and will consolidate with our other community channels that you may be familiar with (Google Groups, Slack, etc.), so we highly recommend you hop over and take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with this new platform.

Join your fellow community members who have already made the switch. To get started, sign in to https://community.mongodb.com with your mongodb.com credentials. Set up your profile, find friends, and create an intro post in our Welcome category. Browse the discussions already taking place and post questions and topics of your own.

We are always interested in improving your experience, so please continue to share your comments and feedback about the forums in the Site Feedback category. We look forward to seeing you there!

Ezequias Rocha

Feb 20, 2020, 2:28:52 PM2/20/20
to mongodb-user
How to get access to Slack workspace? I just tryied but it does not work.

Sincerely
Ezequias

Stennie

Feb 21, 2020, 12:16:26 AM2/21/20
to mongodb-user
On Thursday, 20 February 2020 20:28:52 UTC+1, Ezequias Rocha wrote:
How to get access to Slack workspace? I just tryied but it does not work.

Hi Ezequias,

As per the announcement you replied to, MongoDB Community forums are replacing multiple channels including Google Groups and Slack so there will be a central place for community discussion.

To get started, visit: https://community.mongodb.com.

Regards,
Stennie

Tim Hawkins

Feb 21, 2020, 6:55:47 AM2/21/20
to mongodb-user
How do I get an email digest of activity? I don't like online forums and prefer mail lists. Because I'm mostly mobile moving from location to location I can't get internet for example in the subway, and connectivity on the move is spotty. I like being able to browse and filter in my mail client even when offline.

Stennie

Feb 21, 2020, 7:29:23 AM2/21/20
to mongodb-user
On Friday, 21 February 2020 12:55:47 UTC+1, Tim Hawkins wrote:
How do I get an email digest of activity? I don't like online forums and prefer mail lists. Because I'm mostly mobile moving from location to location I can't get internet for example in the subway, and connectivity on the move is spotty. I like being able to browse and filter in my mail client even when offline.

Hi Tim,

The forums have flexible configuration for email notifications (much more so than Google Groups).

You can:
  • Set notification preferences per category or tag or tag (click on the 🔔at the top right of a category/tag list)
  • Set preferences for a default summary of activity after a period of time away from the forum (or always/never send)
  • Enable mailing list mode (spam all posts except muted categories) instead of the default summary
The attached screenshot shows some of the email user preferences.

There's also a Site Feedback category if you want to ask about (or suggest) usability improvements.

Regards,
Stennie

mongodb-community-email-prefs.png

Stennie

Mar 1, 2020, 9:16:39 PM3/1/20
to mongodb-user

Please note that this Google Group will be retired on Monday, March 9, 2020 as we complete our migration to the new MongoDB Community site: https://community.mongodb.com. After this transition no new posts or members will be approved in the group, but existing content will continue to be available in read-only mode.

Thanks for all of the suggestions & feedback on the new community experience. We look forward to continuing the discussion with the MongoDB Community!

Regards, Stennie