MongoDB - Killed when database disk is full

polak.mar...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2018, 7:25:44 AM6/29/18
to mongodb-user
I'm using MongoDB 3.6.5 (already tested on 3.2 / 3.4) and i have enabled "directoryPerDB" in **/etc/mongo.conf**.

    #mongod.conf

    storage:
       dbPath: /var/lib/mongodb
       journal:
         enabled: true
       directoryPerDB: true

I created LVM disk's for my databases and symlinked in to **/var/lib/mongodb**

Here is problem:

When one of these lvm's is full, it will killed **mongod service**, so i can't use the rest of databases, where is free space on storage. Because of that, this will kill my primary node and subsequently the secondary node, because there is the same structure.

Is there some way to deal wiith it ?

**Your help will be greatly appreciated!**

Stephen Steneker

Jun 30, 2018, 1:06:20 AM6/30/18
to mongodb-user
When one of these lvm's is full, it will killed **mongod service**, so i can't use the rest of databases, where is free space on storage. Because of that, this will kill my primary node and subsequently the secondary node, because there is the same structure.

Hi Martin,

I answered your cross-post of this question on DBA StackExchange. If there is insufficient free space for updates to be committed to disk, it is expected that the affected mongod process will shut down assuming administrative intervention is required to free up additional space.

If you have any further concerns please comment on DBA so we can keep the discussion consolidated.

Regards,
Stennie