Anonymous login on react-native Android not working mongodb-stitch-react-native-sdk

Raj Narayan

Jul 24, 2019, 3:18:11 AM7/24/19
to MongoDB Stitch Users
Hi guys,

I wonder if any one has run into this issue, and how did you go about solving it?

I'm running mongodb-stitch-react-native-sdk 4.4.1 on react-native ~0.57.4.
Anonymous login doesn't seem to want to work on Android. It works fine on iOS.

const cred = new AnonymousCredential();

const client = Stitch.defaultAppClient;

client.auth.loginWithCredential( cred ).then (user => {

  console.log(user);

}).catch(e => {

  console.log(e);

});

This doesn't seem to work. I get this weird error -- undefined is not an object (evaluating '_d[0]').
Yes, I've already initialized Stitch like so -

Stitch.initializeDefaultAppClient( appID ).then(stitchClient => {

  console.log(stitchClient);

})

if I console.log( cred ), I get -

{

  providerType: 'anon-user',

  material: {},

  providerCapabilities: { reusesExistingSession: true },

  providerName: 'anon-user'

}

What may I be doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.

Raj